Monday, March 7, 2011

Something Gnomish this way comes


Look out, Durham, NC! On March 20th, an unholy army of cork gnomes will descend upon you! They will be hiding in secret places downtown, on Ninth Street and in other locations TBD.


Look at these murderous faces.


And if you’re lucky enough to stumble upon one and take it home… alas, I cannot say what will befall you. 


Brought to you by the devious fiberistas of Durham String Thing, of which I am a card-carrying member. 



My days have been consumed with knitting these Korknisse. To make my gnomes, I’ve modified the original pattern, found on raverly and designed by Manne. (An English version of the pattern, translated from the Norwegian by Saartje, can be found here: )


More details to come, gentle Durham.  Do not be afraid!

5 comments: