Saturday, March 17, 2012

Spirographs, Star Fox & other small stitching

After pulling a week's work of dense, little stitches from my Tiny Great Curve piece (which was heartbreaking by necessary), I've been making small, fun things this week.

Stitching a spirograph though Sulky Solvy.
Red pearle cotton, chain stitch.


Turned one of my zillions of summer cotton camisoles into an ode to the fabulous spirograph my my youth.


I want to embellish all of my little summer tanks!


Stitched up a set of thick, Pottery Barn dinner napkins into an ode to 1990 computer game catchphrases. (Star Fox is the cutest thing!)



Love the playful language in these crazy phrases.


I'm really enjoying this simple, happy stitching! Making little gifts for myself and my lovely peeps. More of these little stitched odes to come.


Playtime has just begun!


Summer beckons... warmth, friends, books, bootcamp, zumba (with Kate and Katherine), art, stitching, trips (DC with Juline and Miami with SF)... life is full of joys.

3 comments:

  1. This is such a cute t-shirt! Smart idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, this is a nice photo that shows off the good stitching. And you look very good too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love spirographs. I really gotta start embroidering one.

    ReplyDelete