Friday, March 29, 2013

A beautiful, strange word

Divulse was the word of the day about a year ago. The word upset and disturbed me. (Yes, I'm clearly too sensitive to words.)

Stitched on a bit of vintage linen in variegated pearl cotton.


I spoke to my friend Erin about it. She loves words, too. I explained that the word somehow hurt me.... that it touched me to the quick and made me sad. (It was a difficult moment of transition in my life.)

"What should I do?" I asked.

Pinned it to my red board of fragments.

"O, what can you do? Create something. Stitch it."

Erin is very special. How lucky and I to have friends who understand? Now it is a beautiful, strange word.

And I don't feel torn apart.

3 comments:

  1. nice touch using just a piece of the linen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what to say except... yes. Yes. This is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glean
    1. To gather (something) slowly and carefully in small pieces.
    2. To gather, learn or find out bit by bit or slowly and laboriously.
    3. to gather what is left by the reapers.

    ReplyDelete