Sunday, June 15, 2014

String Box 3 & Red O

I've been trying to be more focused with my work and spend more time making a mess and playing than keeping my apartment perfectly neat.

Detail from String Box 3.


This tiny space is my current studio. I've given myself permission to be a little sloppier in my place.

String Box 3, hand embroidery on watercolor painted watercolor paper.


Finished two pieces this weekend!

In the sun.

First up, String Box 3. A stitched watercolor.



Next up, Red O.

Red O. Solvent ink stencil over acrylic paint.


The stencil is by Cat Manolis, my teacher at ArtSpace Raleigh. I'm loving playing with solvent inks.

Making a happy mess with solvent ink and painter's tape.

Ink is a whole new world to explore!

4 comments:

  1. I love how there are a few coloured threads in there- these pieces are soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your string box, it's so gorgeous! Those colors are amazing and I love the different colored threads included!

    That painting is so fun! I love seeing you explore a new medium and I can't wait to see where it takes you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Sewphie and RG! I want to bring the inks and stencils into my watercolor embroidery. Love the class and the teacher!

    ReplyDelete