Sunday, December 9, 2012

String Thing Ornament Swap Roundup

Here is a round-up of the lovely ornaments created by the talented members of my fiber arts group, String Thing. Once again, I'm blown away by not only the quality of the works, but the variety of media used. Everything from embroidery, paper crafts, knitting, art shrink wrap, felt plush, wooden houses, quilting and even a touch of glittered fruit!

By me.


Juline and Kate made gorgeous quilted ornaments.

By Juline.

By Kate.



Katherine created these whimsical little bird houses.

By Katherine.



I embroidered tiny word find puzzles reading "Durham String Thing."

By me.



Sarah designed these slick artist shrink wrap disks with the Durham String Thing logo on them.

By Sarah.



Monique made these wonderful paper orbs that look like magical strings suspended in air.

By Monique.



Mel knit up these snug little sweater balls.

By Mel.



And our every sparkly leader Rebecca graced us with her fairy dust for these magical Christmas glitter pears!

By Rebecca.


Sadly, not all of the photos turned out, so several are not included here. Not shown are colorful magazine paper butterflies by Katie, large-eyed felt owls by Lesley, a quilted garland by Co, two versions of little knitting bags by Joan and Jane, and lace covered, knit glass balls by Sandy. Sorry, swappers! Epic camera failure on my part.

Love seeing my peeps' creativity in action like this. Great job!

3 comments:

  1. Boy, do I ever miss living in NC right now... Great work by one and all -- very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I'm impressed and jealous! And I love your ornaments especially -- you have a talent for working with words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Alex and beadgirl! Alex, wish you were here to play. And beadgirl, thank you for your incredibly kind words!

    ReplyDelete