Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy Gift Making for People I Love


Xmas present for my fabulous sister-in-law Charisse.

My family is small. I have one brother, who I adore, who lives with his wife and two teenaged boys in Austin. My sister-in-law Charisse is a special soul and hugely accomplished woman. Charisse and Joe have been incredibly generous and supportive of me for so many years.

Cucina apron with Arturo, my art hound, which was
a gift from my boyfriend and is made from spun,
recycled newspaper. Love him!

I made Charisse an apron stitched with her name. And I'm happy to report that she loves it!

"Cucina di Castagnoli" is stem stitch. The border is feather stitch.

I also made myself a gift... this Corcoran, Durham, NC, cami. I made my brother on that says Corcoran, Austin, TX, too.

Modeling my CORCORAN, DURHAM, NC, cami. This font is my favorite.

WIP. Stem stitch in No 8 pearl cotton.

Making gifts for those I love and seeing them smile makes me crazy happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment